Following is a copy of the Policies that each student/parent/guardian must sign and submit before being allowed to participate in class. These policies are in place to protect you and your child, maintain a professional and friendly environment for all of our students, to protect our facility and El Dorado Dance Academy, Inc. (EDDA). If you have any questions feel free to stop by the front desk.
1. Annual registration fee of $40 per family is due at time of registration and is non-refundable.
2. Enrollment and tuition dues are for one full season (August to June). All tuition is payable in the first week of classes each month. Late fee of $10 applies if not paid by the 10th of each month.
3. To withdraw from a class, an official withdrawal form must be submitted to EDDA staff. Verbal withdrawal with an instructor is not sufficient for EDDA book keepers, and tuition dues will compound should there be a failure to withdraw properly. Withdrawal forms not received before the 15th day of the month will result in normal charge of tuition fees for that month.
4. There will be a $35 service charge for any returned check.
5. No food, cand or drinks (other than water) are allowed anywhere in the facility--no exceptions.
6. Classes with fewer than 3 students will be cancelled. Make-up classes are allowed in the same technique and same level or lower on another day up to three months after the cancelled class. No refunds or pro-rated credits will be given for missed classes.
7. Arrival to class on time is extremely important allowing time for attendance and a proper warm up. It is suggested that each student arrive approximately 10 minutes before class. Please note that late arrivals of more than 15 minutes are welcome to watch class, but not allowed to take class.
8. Any parent/guardian who does not pick up a student immediately after class will be charged a $1 fine for every 1 minute late after the studio has closed. El Dorado Dance Academy does not assume responsibility for children before or after class. In respect for our neighboring businesses and student safety, students must remain inside studio until ready to leave.
9. El Dorado Dance Academy will not tolerate hazing or ridicule of any sort. Constructive criticism however, when requested, is always appreciated by students of all ability levels. If there is a problem with hazing, please contact an EDDA staff member immediately.
10. Students must adhere to the EDDA dress codes. Cover dance clothes when coming to and from the studio, it is a courtesy and for your safety. To preserve the quality of our facility, no street shoes are allowed in the studios, and no dance shoes outside. Any students choosing to wear short shorts (booty shorts) are required to wear tights. This policy will be enforced.
11. We encourage parents to take a participative role in their child's dance development and class observation is officially allowed in the first week of classes in October, December, February, April and June. Please secure permission with the instructor if you wish to observe at another time.
12. Students are not allowed to loiter outside and must remain inside El Dorado Dance Academy facility after drop off and before pick up.
13. El Dorado Dance Academy instructors and staff are not responsible nor will they be liable for loss or damage to personal property.
14. El Dorado Dance Academy takes every precaution to ensure your child's safety as we are committed to anatomically informed and injury free dance. Yet as dance is a physical activity, injuries may occur. EDDA instructors and staff are not responsible for injuries occurring before, during or after class. Each student may decline to participate in any activity which they deem to be harmful and must inform the instructor of any physical limitations that may prevent full participation in class. I hereby declare that I have provided and will continue to provide adequate and complete health insurance coverage to protect my child in case of injury or accident. Such insurance includes coverage for any and all activities in which my child will participate with EDDA. I understand and agree that EDDA does not, and cannot, assume any financial responsibility for any medical assistance or care my child may require. I am aware that dance programs are to be considered strenuous physical activities. Therefore, I have received the consent of my physician for myself or for my child to participate in this program.
15. EDDA uses photographic and/or video images of its customers for marketing, publicity and advertising purposes. No personally identifiable information will be given out regarding the images. EDDA is authorized for use of those images without pay or compensation. All representations of the photographic images constitute EDDA's property, solely and completely.